Saturday, January 26, 2013

Ty Carson

Ty Carson Miller joined our family on December 18, 2012. He weighed 7 pounds 5 ounces and was 19 1/2 inches long.


Ty was due the 26th, but we decided we didn't want to take the chance of having a Christmas baby so my doctor started me on the 18th. We got to the hospital & I was all hooked up around noon. My doctor broke my water about 12:30 and they started the lowest dose of pictin at that time also. I asked for my epidural an hour later but Ty decided he was going to give his mom a new experience. Instead of getting the epidural, Ty was born at 2:01pm with the anesthesiologist trying to get out of the room, all the nurses rushing to get things ready and my doctor barely making it to deliver him. (She didnt even get time to put a gown on!) The pediatric nurse wasnt in the room yet so they kind of guessed on the exact time he was born.

It was definetly not the birth I was anticipating but he decided that he was in a big hurry to be born once the contractions started! Jack was born in 4 hours from the time I was started, so I guessed that Ty's birth would be fairly fast, just not that fast. I can honestly say I have a complete new respect for the moms that choose to give birth naturally, or maybe they are just crazy. :) I did learn that IF we have more kids, I will be asking for the epidural at the time they start the pictin. I have NO desire to give birth without an epidural again. The delievery nurse was amazing and felt really bad that I didn't get my epidural, she even went back to look to make sure she hadnt messed up with not trying to get the anesthesiologist there sooner. But she hadn't, it had only been 20 minutes from the time I asked until the time that Ty was born.


Jack was not too sure of Ty at first but then started to warm up after a little while. I was just glad that they hadn't limited visiters because of the flu yet so the boys could come see us.

Jack soon decided that it was a lot more fun to watch out the window at all the trucks and cars then it was to see the baby he wasnt sure he liked.

We are very glad that Ty has joined our family!

4 comments:

D of D,J,Dre,W.D. said...

Love all of the pictures and the update! I must admit that I kind of felt the same way as Jack. Shhh, don't tell anyone.

Love you guys!

Doug

D of D,J,Dre,W.D. said...

Should clarify - that describes my feelings from when I last found myself in a maternity ward, not my feelings about Ty. I am very happy that he's here now!

Britanie said...

He is so sweet! I didn't know that you didn't get an epidural, wow you are awesome! Love you guys!

Mr and Mrs Merrill... said...

YAY for baby Ty! Can't wait to see you guys this weekend.