Wednesday, February 27, 2013

February

On February 3rd, we blessed Ty. It was a great day with everyone that was able to make it.





Then we watched some of the Superbowl.


On the 7th Jack turned 2!
 He was so funny! We couldn't find a lighter or matches, so while we were looking he was singing happy birthday to himself (or trying!) What a silly kid he is!!
I saw an idea on Pinterest that you put a "surprise" in the middle of the cake, so I attempted to do it. I thought it would be fun for the fish to have "guts" but it didn't work too well. At least Dawson thought it was neat! 

The 10th was Bill's birthday. He was in New Mexico for an outdoor show for the lodge, so we had to celebrate a couple days later.


I think Jack thought the house was burning down with all the smoke, but Dawson really thought dad needed to blow out all 32 candles.

We let Dawson drive his 4-wheeler for the 1st time. He has only drove it a couple times but so far I think we are safe with not having to worry about him going too fast. I am sure he will get braver the more he drives it but it is nice for right now.

We also took the boys to Hardware Ranch, but I forgot the camera and so the pictures are still on Bill's phone. So you will just have to image us on our own little wagon ride through the elk. :)


Bill pulled out the 22 the other day and Dawson shot it for the 1st time. We weren't quite sure what he was aiming at but he made sure to take his time to aim exactly where he wanted! :)



I can't believe that this little guy is 2 months already! Where has the last 2 months gone?!?!? Here are a couple fun facts about him:
-Weight: 11 lbs 10 oz. (47%)
-Height: 23 inches (51%)
-Starting to smile a lot
-gave his first real giggle the other day!
-rolling from his tummy to his back
-definitely likes to make sure he eats every 3 hours
-finally sleeping better at night. He is by far our worst sleeper out of all the boys. Right now I think he is determined to make us morning people since he wants to get up at 5:30 to 6:00! I sure hope that changes, because we really don't like to get up that early! 
-really likes his swing. He probably likes it the best out of all the boys.
 -Dawson & Jack LOVE him. They were seeing which one could give him the most kisses this morning.


We took Ty & Jack to the doctor for well checks the same day so here are Jack's 2 year stats as well.


-weight: 23 lbs 13 oz. (6%)
-height: 34 1/2 inches (50%)
-he is finally starting to talk a little more. Bill says that he speaks Chinese since you can't understand a lot of it. He is slowly getting better!
-Jack is EXTREMELY stubborn, everything has to be done how he wants it or he throws a fit
-he has to pick out what shirt he is going to wear. If you give him one, he most likely will not wear it.
-HATES holes in his socks, he will take it off & throw it in the garbage.
-he LOVES hats! Most days we can not leave the house until he has a hat on and even in the house he is wearing a hat.
-Jack copys everything that Dawson or Bill does. He also thinks he needs to do everything that they are doing, or play with anything that Dawson is playing with.
-I think he is finally done with his binky. I cut the end of his binky right after his birthday to get him to give it up (but he still wouldn't fully give it up until just the other day!) and in the process without his binky he didn't want to nap anymore either! We had a very rough couple of days with the only way that he would nap was for Bill to lay down with him. He is starting to do a little better again, but now he likes a stuffed animal with him. Right now he wants moose (it is actually a reindeer!).
-anytime that Ty starts to cry, Jack will make sure to tell us. I haven't decided if Jack thinks we are deaf or if he can't stand to hear Ty cry. If we don't go to Ty as soon as Jack thinks we should he will make sure to try to give Ty his binky and start to talk to him to get him to stop crying.



Since everyone always asks if Ty looks like Dawson & Jack I decided to go through pictures to compare them. I didn't realize how much alike they looked as babies! Can you guess which picture is which kid?!?



2 comments:

Corrie said...

Wow Ty and Dawson look just alike, I haven't thought that before. I still think he looks more like you, but he kind of reminds me of Audrik too. So cute!!! Can't wait to snuggle on him!

Heather said...

So I'm finally blog checking!!! :) Wow, I can't believe how much all 3 boys look alike as babies, but especially Big D & Ty! Cute cute pictures, love them all!!