I am always excited for Halloween way early and think of lots of fun things to do but as it gets closer I really don't like Halloween. I think that it is a really weird holiday. Why do we put on costumes and go from house to house asking for candy? Last year I found Dawson's costume and was really excited. It hung in his closet for a couple weeks and I couldn't wait for him to be a little monkey. This year I couldn't find any costumes that I really liked or that weren't expensive. Sorry but I don't see paying $40-$50 for something that will only be worn for a couple of hours! I saw the little pirate costume online at Old Navy but it wasn't available in Dawson's size, so we went to Logan to see if they had it. Of course they didn't. Back to square one, what would Dawson be for Halloween?? A few days later I was looking online again and the little pirate costume was now available so I hurried and ordered it. Well, it still hasn't come so Dawson ended up being this again...

I am just really glad that it still fit. Apparently it was a little big last year!
We carved pumpkins a few weeks ago with most of Bill's family. It was lots of fun!

(Dawson's Pumpkin)

(Mine and Bill's pumpkins)
I am glad that Halloween is over for one more year. I should probably start thinking about his costume for next year so that he doesn't have to squeeze into the monkey costume again!
3 comments:
I'm thinking about what Dre should be already. Right now is the best time to buy costumes, they're all 50% off! And it's okay if D is the same thing two years in a row; you just get more use out of it!! And besides, he looks super cute as a monkey!!
He does make a pretty cute monkey! And the bag turned out really cute too!!
I'm also thinking that I should get Sadie's costume purchased for next year. Or maybe I will just have my mom make her a costume...ha ha! Dawson looks adorable. I can't believe how big he is getting!
Post a Comment