Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Dawson's 3rd Birthday!

Dawson turned 3 on Friday. We were able to open presents with Bill before he left for work.












After Bill left for work Dawson and I headed to Star Valley to spend the weekend with my family. We had dinner and then opened more presents and had cake and ice cream.












I saw a picture of this cake on a blog and was thinking about making it but didn't know if I could do it and then Dawson saw the picture. I think he would have been very disappointed if I wouldn't have made it! It turned out okay but I like the one I saw better!


I had forgotten candles and my mom didn't have any either, so we had to use matches!


(Dawson and Payzli)


(Dawson, Payzli and Gabe)




I can not believe that we have had this little handsome guy with us for 3 years. I can't imagine life without him and it seems like he has been with us forever but it seems like yesterday that he was a little newborn. I wish the years wouldn't go by so fast!! Thank you everyone for all the fun gifts, he is very spoiled!! (Please excuse all the underwear pictures! I really hate all the laundry that comes with potty training so to eliminate a lot of loads a day, he basically runs around like this all the time!)

6 comments:

Heather said...

It was the cutest Mater cake I've ever seen!!!!! You did awesome on it! And I love all the underwear pics, he is just too dang funny!! :)

D, J, Dre and W.D. said...

Wow Nicole! You did a great job with the cake! And even if you don't like it as well as the picture you saw, Dawson sure seems to love it!
I'm glad that Dawson had such a great birthday! And sadly, in what will seem like only two weeks, he'll be turning 4. Time does fly. I only like it because it makes it seem like there will be an end to graduate school!

Jen said...

That cake is adorable! You did an awesome job! Happy birthday Dawson.

Talbot Family said...

Happy B-day Dawson! The cake was dang cute. And I hear you about all the laundry when it comes to potty training, I feel your pain we're going thru it with Ryan right now!!! And besides, my boys would rather just be in the undies...It's a boy thing i guess!

Corrie said...

I SAW the picture Nicole and I think your cake was much cuter! You did an awesome job and it was SO FUN to have you guys here for his birthday! Love Love Love the underwear pics and so is he when he's 16 and his girlfriend pulls his scrapbook off the book shelf and starts looking thru it. LOL
Love my little Wylie D!

Chei and Adam said...

That cake is so cute-I love it!