Tuesday, March 9, 2010

The last little happenings

Bill told me the other day that we must not be doing anything because our blog hasn't been updated forever. Well, he is mostly right, we haven't been up to much at all. The camera was dead on Bill's birthday so no pictures of that, and then just not a lot going on. Here are a couple of pictures of the last little while.


Dawson started Preschool in February. He seems to like it but wont really tell me much about it. Every Thursday they go swimming so I think it is great for him to have since we aren't around in the summer to do a lot of it! I asked him to smile for the camera to get his picture and he told me no pictures, so he doesnt look too happy but he was more excited then he looks for school!




We spent the last week in California for a trade show. It was a nice break from the cold weather to see the sun a little bit. I forgot the camera so as soon as I get the few pictures off my phone, I will post them.
We stayed the night going and coming in Vegas so that the drive wasn't as long for Dawson (or us!). We got to have our first 3 mornings free since the show didn't start until 2pm. (but it went until 9:30 PM- seriously that is way too late!!)It was nice to be able to let Dawson get some energy out before we headed to the show. One morning we went to the aquarium and then we found a park for Dawson to play in the other 2 mornings. Dawson did not really like being at the show. As long as he could walk around and be in the boats then he was okay but the boat places didn't necessarily like him in the boats all the time. Bill and I would take turns staying at the hotel with him and then bring him over when there was only about 4 hours left of the show. It worked better for Dawson. He got to go swimming on Saturday with Bill and again to the playground and then he went swimming with me on Sunday. I took him to the playground alone on Friday but told Bill I didnt want to go back alone because I didn't feel very safe. All I got out of it was being laughed at! Bill just thought that it was funny!! He said it didnt bother him but guessed it was because he had lived in rougher neighborhoods on his mission! I still wasn't going back alone!

2 comments:

Jen said...

Cute pics of Dawson. I can't believe he's old enough to go to preschool. What a cutie!

Talbot Family said...

Sounds like an adventure entertaining Dawson! What preschool are you taking Dawson to? He's growing up so fast.