The next idea the neighbor had was to have a moble butchery come in and take care of him, but then it snowed. As you know, our lane is not the best in winter conditions, perfect for sledding, but not trying to get non- 4wheel drive vehicles or vehicles pulling trailors, up it. So the neighbors excuse became that they wouldn't be able to get out after killing him. So the daily routine continued of them coming to feed Bullwinkle and us watching out for him and staying out of his way. Yes, quite a pain when Dawson asks to go outside to play and I have to tell him no because I would not be able to defend us against him or outrun the bull!
Last Tuesday was a little different! Chloe started to bark a little bit and you could hear some noise outside. As we look outside we see the neighbor along with another vehicle coming down to the bull. Bill says that he wants to go watch and asks Dawson if he wants to go too. Dawson of course said YES (when doesn't he want to go somewhere with Bill)! So they put on coats and boats and head out the door. I look out the window just in time to hear a "pop" and see Bullwinkle drop. Bill and Dawson didn't quite make it around the corner of the house before they shot. When they got back inside, Bill said that he got some pictures and that I needed to make a "farewell" post to Bullwinkle. So here are the pictures and a "farewell" to the bull. (I think some of the pictures are a little gross, so you might want to skip them.)








Later I asked Dawson if it was cool or gross to watch. He finally decided that it was a little of both, but he is excited that he can now go outside to play whenever he wants. All that night Dawson kept asking me why they shot Bullwinkle in the head so the next day Bill was explaining to him that they shot him so they could make hamburger out of him. So now Dawson will say that they shot Bullwinkle so we can have hamburger! The things we see and do in life!
1 comment:
so glad Dawson can now have hamburgers! :)
it looks just like it did when I saw them do it on "Dirty Jobs"!
Post a Comment