Thursday, February 9, 2012

Jack's 1st Birthday!

Jack turned 1 year old on Tuesday! The last year has gone by way too fast.
It was a pretty normal day for us since we had just gotten home from an exiting weekend. Bill and I headed to Las Vegas last week to do an outdoor show to promote the lodge. We decided to leave the boys home with time split with both sets of Grandparents. I know they both had a great time and it was a nice break away with only a minimal (ok a lot) of worry about the boys behaving for Grandma. Jack was just getting over the croup & is into EVERYTHING and Dawson's energy level can be exhausting.
Bill and I spent the day before our show, walking some of the strip. In the Belligo hotel they have this garden.....






These people are made with flowers. It is really neat to see how many flowers and the variaty of flowers that they are covered with.

We then saw a comic/magician show by Nathan Burton and then that night we saw The Penn & Teller show (another comic/magician show). They were both good shows and then the next night we got free tickets to The Blue Man Group show. It was really good as well. The rest of our time was sitting at the very boring, very non-busy show trying to promote the lodge. It was one of the slowest shows that we have ever done which makes for a very long 3 days. It was a good thing that it was super bowl Sunday so they didnt run the show on Sunday like usual!

Since we had all just had a very fun filled week, it was nice that Jack is still too young to recognize that it was his birthday. I think that Dawson was the most excited for the day!

I have to insert a little story about Dawson here. We were running some errands in Logan and Bill had went into the Verizon store to ask a few questions about his phone. The boys and I had stayed in the car. Dawson told me that his shoe was untied and I told him that I would tie it when we got out at the next store. About 5 minutes later this is what he told me. "Mom, you are breaking my heart." I was trying so hard not to laugh at him so I asked him what I did. "Your breaking my heart since you wont tie my shoe!" Where in the world did he hear about "breaking hearts"??? I still laugh about that! Oh the things that kids say!

Anyways, Jack did get a few gifts and then had a cream filled cupcake!








Jack wanted to grab it soo bad!




Testing it out.




Loving it!


And then very over it!

Happy Birthday Jack Jack! We love you lots and are so glad that you are a part of our family!!


Jack had his well-check visit today so here are his stats.
Weight: 19lbs 4 oz. (6 percentile)
Height: 29 1/2 inches (41 percentile)
The doctor was very amazed with how well he is walking, and that he has been walking for about a month. Jack started to babble alot and the doctor laughed and said he sounded like the video on you tube with the twin babies babbling back and forth. It was kinda a random thing for the doctor to say but I thought it was funny!

No comments: